Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Threat

My meanest rooster has sacrificed his life for the flock. Coyotes have killed off six birds now and I have felt despair over the losses. It has been impossible to create a chicken run that would protect the flock during the day. In addition, two neighborhood dogs are hunting my birds too.


The worst: our wonderful family dog ran away yesterday during a thunderstorm. We are grieving.
The parents of the barn swallow chicks in the barn have disappeared too. Family issues are happening. The bank account has been on empty for a week.

Sigh.

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength. An ever present help in times of trouble.


The good things:

I might be able to get a job as a cook at my church.

It is green outside.

My husband had fun teaching my sons how to be a better shot yesterday

There is still plenty of food in the pantry.

There are pretty goldfinches at my bird feeder.

It is pleasant and cool outside today.

There are ox eye daises in the yard.

The forest sounds alive and happy.

There is always hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment