Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

An Ethereal Angel

Tonight I wanted to show you a couple of things in my quiet sanctum; my bedroom. It is the only room in the house where I have allowed myself completely free reign of the decor. It is not the shared master bedroom, but rather my escape from the snoring of my wonderful husband who has sleep apnea. Irrelevant because he is overseas still in Korea. See my other blog http://tribeofstinson.com/ for more information on what it is like to live in Korea. When I got back here I wanted to make sure that when my hubby came home from his tour there, I could still get a restful night's sleep. So I rented a house with two master bedrooms. In my room girliness is dripping from the walls, ceilings and bed linens and I love it. As a mother of two boys and owner of two male parakeets and boss of one very arrogant male shi tzu doggie, I have a ton of testosterone in my life.

I need a haven.

But that is just back story for what I did on Photo shop today. And I said all that because the angel in the first photo actually hangs on my wall in my bedroom. In my thrift store wanderings I spotted her in a giant pile of outdoor Christmas decorations and I fell for her. She is old, very old for a Christmas decoration and she has the lovely patina of age. Of course that was not enough and when I brought her in she promptly received an aura of pink, baby blue and white feather boas. Initially the creation struck me as tacky and gaudy. However when the lights were turned on the lovely lady became ethereal. I hung her up and she remains in my room as a year round reminder of creativity and God's protection over me.


I have used Gaussian blur on the original photo to soften the lighting and to help you see the angel as I imagine her to be.

Well I have another lovely thing in my room that I'll show you tonight as well. On the opposite side of the room, hanging on one of the window shutters is a faded Chinese dress that I picked up in Korea and had altered to fit me. On the pretty turquoise material hangs a necklace with all sorts of random bits, and it sparkles at me and makes me smile whenever I look at it. I remember finding it at one of the vendors that are at the Osan BX in Korea. They always had something interesting in their carts to sell. As much as I did not like living there, I did enjoy shopping there and will still beg my husband to bring home more treasures before he comes home for good.


I added a bit of blur to this , but those are the real colors and have not been tampered with at all.

The next picture is a combination of the two that I did almost by accident, but I loved the result. The angel and the heart combined are thought provoking and the colors are super. I know the whole world has been able to do this kind of art for a long time, but to me it is all new and you can go ahead and laugh at me if you want. OK here it is.



So good night and God Loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment