Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

To Prep or Not to Prep?

    I was reading Jeremiah this morning and pondered how like our times the prophesies were. Israel had been listening to false prophets who said everything was going to be okay. America is full of plenty of people who openly choose to ignore our current state of unraveling. It as if the prophesies had been written yesterday. I thought of my own little piece of land that my family is the steward of and wondered if we were righteous would we be able to somehow escape the coming wrath of God.

   Yesterday I wrote how we prayed for angels to perch on even the smallest concerns here. I really do pray that our chickens are kept safe and our borders-as small as they are- are kept secure.

    It is strange living in a land that others cannot see. If you came to my house would you sense the heavenly host standing guard, or would you just consider me to be mildly insane? Jeremiah was spurned, I expect a similar response from anyone who lives outside of the confines of my skull to react no differently. Sometimes the communication is just between God and me. I sit writing about it not expecting a readership.

    Will there be a remnant of believers in America when everything breaks down? Hmm. I have sympathy for doomsday preppers but am not one myself. If God told me to store vast amounts of food and ammunition, medical supplies and the like, I would obey. That has not happened. I think he would warn me somehow but for now that response seems fear related not God commanded.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment